Thursday 6 November 2014

AT-ST Walker



The Head of the AT-ST walker was created from one main cube object. To create the open lids and view ports which resemble the eyes I used the add face divisions tool and deleted two of the faces. I also used the face extrude tool to create the detail around the head as well. From the gaps left by the deleted faces I then used the edge extrude tool to create the "eye lids". The outer edges of the 3D facial detail were also moved inward slightly to make the detail more obvious when looking at it head on.


For the side and front turrets one face a combination of simple polygon shapes were used and combined to make turret like shapes. Rather than using the boolean union tool how ever I decided to group them. This was to done to help me animate them since the AT-ST walker has far more moving parts than spacecraft, it will help me with the rotating of certain objects on group centre points.   



The neck and base of the head was a simple combination of cubes and cylinders. I decided to keep most of this simple since very little of it was on show when viewing the model. I decided to use the boolean union tool over the group tool on this segment of the model since there were very few moving parts and it makes the model more efficient. The legs of the model were mostly simple shapes combined to give the look of a leg, I decided to keep the leg as simple as possible to help the animation have as few problems as possible. 

 

Here is the final model....


No comments:

Post a Comment