Thursday 2 October 2014

House

For the house only one simple polygon cube was used and then a variety of tools were used to transform it into a house. The face extruding tool was used to create the windows, extra areas of the house and the area for the bevel.  The bevel around the top edge of the house was created by using the edge bevel tool, I found that I could not get the desired amount of protrusion on the bevel until I turned on the legend option, I also found that 5 segments were enough at with width used to create a smooth enough edge. For the roof the edges and vertices were connected to create the design. After the design was etched on in edges some of the edges were selected and moved on the z axis to create the apex roof.

I found a couple of area on this project difficult and it required me to start over a few times. If edges were removed from between two faces then I could no longer add segments to the now joint face. The other major issue that I had was as edges were moved they would move other edges connected to them even though I did not have them selected,


No comments:

Post a Comment